6 Mar 2014

Motivations

If asked 'what motivates you?' it can be hard to pin down.

Over the winter months it can be very hard to get motivated, long nights and short cold days mostly filled with work where you repeat each day mostly verbatim.....well that's my story anyway.

2014 started like no other for me with several problems dragging me down, but this caused me to toughen my resolve.  I got the problems sorted and decided I was going to do more for charity.  This last thing became my new years resolution and so far I'm not doing too badly. 

Cake sales with the proceeds going to a local fund and donations on dress down days at work have got me started.  Hoping to do an Easter Egg Run in April when we get to do a rideout and take some chocolate eggs to a children's hospice/hospital.  Yet to decide which run we'll attend but it will be something of a satisfying feeling I'm sure.

Other things that have helped me get over the depressive winter months was organising a summer holiday which whilst still only in the Lake District, includes some Mountain biking at two trail centres with blue and red routes.  We're still only new to MTB and good friend Rubbot is joining us for the duration and has gone to the lengths of buying his own bike after a jaunt to nearby Rutland Water.

I'm glad to see him so enthusiastic as it will help me push myself to even great fitness and enjoying getting out into the great outdoors.  The potential to wear full body armour and motocross helmet is at full and I'm determined to push myself enough to warrant wearing it.

What is the next step though?  Well I have something very big in the works and I'm incredibly excited about it, but for now all I want to tell is in this teaser trailer....

1 comment: